During the last few years, Americans have been hit rather hard by the flu and nasty strains of the flu such as Swine Flu and the Avian Flu (also known as the bird flu) have been in news headlines quite a lot during the last two winters. Things aren’t looking so bright this year either; it seems that the flu season has hit early, and has hit hard especially in places where the flu doesn’t show up until later in the winter.
You may have already heard this over and over again, but it’s worth repeating. The best way to avoid catching the flu is to be prepared before you get sick and that starts with getting a flu shot. Some people are unable to get a flu shot, and if that applies to you it’s a good idea to consult with your doctor about getting a prescription for antiviral medications that work in similar fashion to a flu shot.
One medication you can ask your doctor about is Tamiflu. It’s a commonly prescribed medication to help prevent the onset of the flue. Normally, Tamiflu is prescribed in ten day doses, but you actually can use it for the duration of the cold and flu season. If you do end up getting the flu, one medication that can be prescribed is Relenza. But of course the best option is to do what you can to avoid the flu in the first place. Here’s some tips that can reduce the risk of getting sick from the flu this winter:
Online doctors are able to prescribe antiviral medications such as Tamiflu, which are usually prescribed for 10 days, but can be used for the duration of the flu season. Relenza can be used in the event that you get the flu, but if you’re goal is to avoid it ask a doctor what you can do to help.
There are a few things that you can do to avoid getting the flu this season:
- Wash your hands! This is among the most common and easy solutions to prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses. Wash your hands before and after meals, after handling animals and especially after using the bathroom. If you follow these simple rules you won’t need a doctor.
- Keep everything clean. Make it a routine to keep the kitchen and bathroom clean. Make sure couches are free of debris and small pieces of food that can fall between the cracks and become germ breeding grounds. Use an antibacterial cloth to wipe down the dirtiest areas.
- Avoid close contact with infected people. You can try to avoid people with flu symptoms, but if you are in an environment where many people are sick its best you consult your online doctor for an online prescription for Tamiflu. This will help if you have all ready been exposed. Ask a doctor if there are any other treatments to combat your symptoms.
- Avoid using public facilities. Public water fountains and bathrooms can be a hive of bacteria so be cautious and try to avoid using the facilities. If you can’t, then make sure to wash your hands afterward.
- Take a water bottle with you. A lot of people underestimate how effective a reusable water bottle can be. It helps cut down on the number of germs you come in contact with by allowing you one source for liquids, and of course it is good for the environment.
The flu season is right around the corner, but fortunately doctors are available with your online prescription for Tamiflu and Relenza to help you fight the most persistent flu strains. Always ask your physician before you begin any flu treatment; your online doctor can be the deciding factor in your flu season.